How do you return your Xfinity internet modem? If you’re no longer with the company, or if you upgraded to a newer model and are ready to give back your old one, here is how to return an Xfinity internet modem.
Here are the steps to return your modem:
- Sign in to Xfinity, and visit the Equipment Return page.
- Give your reason for returning the modem.
- Select how you want to ship it back – send via prepaid UPS, drop at a Comcast store, or give it to a Comcast technician who will come by your house for free.
Table of Content
- 1 How to return Xfinity internet modem
- 2 Where can I find the Comcast service center?
- 3 What is the Xfinity return label?
- 4 Will I be charged for Xfinity returns?
- 5 How do I find an Xfinity store near me?
- 6 What Equipment Do I Need to Return to Comcast [XFINITY]?
- 7 What do I do if a returned Xfinity equipment is still showing in my account?
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 FAQs
- 9.1 What if I’ve already registered my Xfinity modem?
- 9.2 I want to return my modem because I am moving. Is there a fee associated with this service?
- 9.3 Can I return any Xfinity equipment even if I haven’t used it?
- 9.4 Can I bring Xfinity equipment for return to any UPS Store?
- 9.5 How much does it cost to return my modem?
How to return Xfinity internet modem
It’s time to return your Xfinity internet modem. To do so, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Xfinity and visit the Equipment Return page.
- Give your reason for returning the device – damage, defect, or not compatible with service.
- Select how you would like to ship it back – UPS, drop at a Comcast store, or give it to a technician who will come by your house for free.
- This is where you’ll find the address of the nearest Comcast service center. You can also use a map to find service centers around your area
- Fill out your name and address so they know where to send it in case you’re not able to drop it off at a store or have a technician come by your house.
- Select “Submit” and you’re done!
Sign in and visit Equipment Return page
Sign in to your Xfinity account, and then visit the Equipment Return page.
You’ll need your Xfinity username and password, or you can create a new account.
Select your reason for returning the modem, and then select how you want to ship it back. Choose from UPS, drop at a Comcast store, or give it to a Comcast technician who will come by your house for free.
Xfinity login process
The Xfinity login process is pretty easy. You’ll need to be signed in with a username and password, and then you’ll need to visit the Equipment Return page for any equipment that needs to be returned.
This will take you to a form where you can give your reason for returning the modem, as well as how you want it shipped back.
For instance, if you had an issue with your service, or if you just wanted a new one, then enter the reason and select UPS in order to ship it back via UPS
Give reason for returning the modem
– Do you want to return the modem because it doesn’t work?
– Do you want to return the modem because it’s damaged?
– Do you want to return the modem because it was a gift and you don’t need it?
– Do you want to return the modem because you’re moving and won’t have service?
– Would like to exchange for a different type of modem?
Once your options are selected, click on “Return Equipment” button.
Select how you want to ship it back
Selecting how to ship your modem back is one of the most important steps in the process. If you choose UPS, it’ll cost $40 and take 3-5 business days. If you ship it via overnight delivery with FedEx, it will cost $25 and take 1-2 business days.
You can also drop your modem off at a Comcast store or give it to a Comcast technician for free if they come by your house within 24 hours.
This is the final step. You need to select how you want to ship the Xfinity modem back. You have the option of shipping it back through UPS, dropping it off at a Comcast store, or if you’re in close proximity to a Comcast technician, you can give it to them directly.
This article will cover the first two methods – shipping with UPS and dropping off at a Comcast store.
So what’s the best way to return your Xfinity internet modem? It really depends on where you live and where the closest Comcast store is. If there is one nearby that you visit often then dropping off your modem might be the most convenient option for you. This will also get your money refunded quicker – usually within two weeks!
Otherwise, if you don’t have a local Comcast store, or if driving isn’t an option for whatever reason, then shipping with UPS might be best for you.
You can find your nearest UPS store by visiting: https://www.theupsstore.com/tools/find-a-store
You’ll have to wait about 10-14 business days for your refund but this might be faster than waiting at home for FedEx or USPS!
Where can I find the Comcast service center?
At the Comcast service center, you can pay your bill in person, pick up a modem or wifi router that’s already set up for you and just plug it into any internet connection.
Additionally, at the service center, you can get help with anything related to your account: activate new services, make payments, buy TV or Internet packages, etc. If you need help with something technical like setting up your wireless network or getting Wi-Fi to work in your home office, they’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.
What is the Xfinity return label?
The Xfinity return label is a label that Xfinity will mail to you. If you have any other Xfinity products, like TV, internet, or phone, then they’ll send you a return label for those as well.
The Xfinity return label is a prepaid label that lets you send your equipment back to Comcast. It’s free and easy to use.
You can print the return label from your online account or from the app on your phone. You’ll need a printer and a shipping service of some kind.
If you’re sending it via UPS, FedEx, or USPS, make sure you request the package be delivered to an address where someone 18 or older can sign for it.
Click here for more information about returning your modem without the Xfinity return label: https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/return-equipment
Will I be charged for Xfinity returns?
We know you’re busy and sometimes, we just need to get Xfinity equipment back to us. That’s why we offer free returns on almost all equipment, including modems. However, there are some exceptions.
So, will I be charged for returning my Xfinity internet modem? Returns are free of charge with a few exceptions. If you return your modem within 14 days of when it was shipped to you, you won’t be charged a restocking fee or shipping cost.
If you return your modem after 14 days, the restocking fee is $20 and the shipping cost is $10 for UPS ground service for customers within the contiguous United States. The restocking fee is $25 for those outside of the contiguous United States and Canada.
How do I find an Xfinity store near me?
If you’re looking to find a Comcast store nearby, there are a few ways you can do it!
1. Enter your zip code in the Find Local Store widget on the homepage of Xfinity.com
2. Use the “Find Nearby Stores” tab on the Support section of Xfinity.com
3. Visit the Contact Us page and select “Find A Store.”
4. Call 1-800-COMCAST from your mobile phone or landline, and an agent will be happy to give you directions!
What Equipment Do I Need to Return to Comcast [XFINITY]?
You will need your Xfinity username and password in order to sign into the Equipment Return page. You will also need to know how you want to return the equipment (via UPS, drop at a Comcast store, or give it to a Comcast technician).
If you are unable to find your Xfinity username and password, please call us for help.
What do I do if a returned Xfinity equipment is still showing in my account?
If you have already mailed back your Xfinity equipment and it is still showing as returned in your account, please create a ticket and include your order number or provide the date of return. You should get a response within 24 hours.
If you are using the drop-off option at a Comcast store, please make sure to give them your order number and the date of return so that they can look up that information. If the equipment is not listed in their system, please create a ticket so we can investigate.
The steps are simple, and you can rest easy knowing that your modem is in good hands. If you have any questions, please contact Comcast customer service at 1-800-XFINITY.
There are many ways to return your Xfinity internet modem. You’ll need to sign in to your account, and then go to the Equipment Return page. From there, you can give your reason for returning the modem and select how you want it shipped back. Once you’ve selected a method of shipping, click Submit.
What if I’ve already registered my Xfinity modem?
If you have already registered your modem, there is no need to register it again. You can still return the registered modem via different methods.
I want to return my modem because I am moving. Is there a fee associated with this service?
No. You will not incur any additional charges for returning your modem if you are moving or need a new one. The only charge will be if you want to terminate the Xfinity contract early.
Can I return any Xfinity equipment even if I haven’t used it?
Yes, you can return any equipment without using it so long as the serial number hasn’t been activated.
Can I bring Xfinity equipment for return to any UPS Store?
Can I return Xfinity equipment at any UPS Store? Yes, any UPS store will be able to accept your equipment for a return. You just need to fill out an online form and print the label so you can drop it off at any UPS Store.
How much does it cost to return my modem?
There is no cost to return your modem. If you will be keeping your modem, put a hold on it in the My Account section of Xfinity’s website. If you don’t know how to contact Xfinity customer service. If you put a hold on the item and then decide that you want to return it, the hold will automatically be released once the item is returned.