What if you could unlock the full potential and improve the safety measures of your router? This is just a small fraction of what DD-WRT routers can give you. However, not every router works with DD-WRT. How can we determine the best router with dd-wrt?
DD-WRT (Dresden-Wireless Router) is a Linux-based router firmware that was initially designed exclusively for Linksys WRT54G routers. However, several other companies took up the firmware, and now the firmware is available in router brands such as Netgear routers, Buffalo Technologies, D-Link, and Asus routers among other brands.
We tested several routers to see which routers work best with DD-WRT firmware. The routers were tested for internet speeds, safety, privacy, number of devices, and other factors. We also tested the wireless routers with DD-WRT preinstalled and the ones where the router is flashed with DD-WRT.
We have also explored the best routers for Tomato and the best OpenWRT routers to give you a choice of open-source router firmware for your home or office. The different open-source firmware gives you different performance features that can be chosen depending on your needs.
Therefore, the following routers came out on top for DD-WRT routers. We always keep on testing more routers to give you an updated list of DD-WRT routers.
The best routers for DD-WRT top picks
|Router||Best for||Specifications||Check it out|
|Asus RT-AC88U Dual-band Router||Best router with DD-WRT||Dual-band,|
Speed: Up to 3,100Mbps + 8 1G Ethernet ports,
Range: Up to 5,000 sq. ft,
Devices: Up to 30
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|Netgear R7000 Router||Best Netgear DD-WRT router||Dual-band,|
Speed: Up to 1,900Mbps,
Range: Up to 1800 sq. ft,
Devices: 30 devices,
Best for VPN services
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|Netgear Nighthawk R6700 Router||Best DD-WRT router under $100||Dual-band|
Speed: up to 1750Mbps
Range: up to 1500 sq. ft.
Devices: up to 25 devices
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 Router||Best for tweakers||Dual-band|
Speed: up to 2,600Mbps
Devices: up to 45 devices
Range: up to 2500 sq. ft.
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|Linksys WRT AC3200 ACM Router||Best router made with DD-WRT in mind||Dual-band,|
Speed: Up to 3200Mbps,
Range: Large home,
Technology designed for tweaks
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|D-Link AC2600 DIR-882-US Router||Best DD-WRT router for streaming||Dual-band,|
Speed: up to 2,600Mbps,
Devices: Up to 15,
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|TP-Link AC2600 Archer A10 Router||Best DD-WRT router for a modest home|| Dual-band,|
WiFi speed: Up to 2600Mbps,
Devices: Up to 25
4x Gigabit Ethernet ports
MU-MIMO+Smart Connect+Airtime Fairness
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|Asus RT-AC5300 router||Fastest DD-WRT router||Tri-band|
Speed: up to 5,300Mbps
Range: up to 5,000 sq. ft.
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|D-Link DIR-866L Router||Best classy DDR-WRT router||Dual-band|
Speed: up to 1,750 Mbps
Range: Up to 30
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
|Linksys AC5400 Router||Best DD-WRT router for many devices||Tri-band|
Speed: Up to 5.3Gbps
Range: up to 3,000 sq. ft.
|CHECK IT OUT ON AMAZON|
Best DD-WRT router: Asus RT-AC88U Dual-band Router
How do you know if you are getting a good DD-WRT router? By comparing your router with this best DD-WRT router. The Asus RT-AC88U router gives you speed, range, connection to several devices, and the latest technology.
The internet speed: The dual-band Asus RT-AC88U router, gives you Wi-Fi speeds of up to 3,100Mbps using NitroQAM Technology. This means you can conduct internet-intense activities without getting any lags. The device also has a router standard high number of Gigabit Ethernet ports of 8. For gaming, streaming, and other Ethernet devices, this router covers you comprehensively.
Range: In traditional routers, it is hard to find routers that support high-speed Wi-Fi for a range of up to 5,000 square feet. However, this DD-wrt gigabit router theoretically gives you fast Wi-Fi for a range of up to 5,000 square feet. This makes this router one of the best.
Devices: Asus RT-AC88U can connect more than 30 devices with fast internet. The router has MU-MIMO technology to enable all the connected devices to receive stable fast internet.
The mere appearance of the router can give the internet an intimidating look. The dual-band router has also excellent firmware which is specifically designed by ASUS. The firmware gives you the ability to tweak it to the finest details using the app available for both Android and IOS devices.
Finally, to ensure you gain all the performance indicators for this router, you need to run the router on DD-WRT.
What makes Asus RT-AC88U stand out?
The Asus RT-AC88U dual-band router is the best of its kind. It has 8 superfast Gigabit LAN ports, speedy WiFI performance, and lots of useful features to make your home network more powerful than ever before!
I love using this DD-WRT compatible router because it offers so many great options for setting up networks in various settings like homes or offices with different needs such as speed per port or number needed vs price range you’re willing/able to spend on internet bandwidth etcetera.
Moreover, the Web interface for this device can be accessed through a smartly designed webpage that makes using all these great functions easy as pie
Comparison with other DD-WRT routers
The Asus RT-AC88U is a top-performing DD-WRT router that performs in many aspects. The Asus RT-AC88U delivers on high speed and stable internet thus does not compromise on performance. Other than the fast WiFi data rates and stable internet signals, it performs at a range and is easy to install DD-WRT.
If you need the best router out there with little to no tradeoffs for an expensive price tag, it’s worth its weight in gold because of what this device can do as compared to other routers that are much cheaper but lack many functionalities users may require today.
It even performs better than an AC5300 router such as Netgear X8 AC5300 or even the Asus’ own AC5300 router. These two routers are more expensive as compared to Asus RT-AC88U.
What we like about Asus RT-AC88U Router
- The router is excellent for large homes because of its wide coverage
- It has a powerful 1.4GHz dual-core processor to support its performance
- The internet speeds are great for a dual-band router
- It has 8 1 Gigabit ports to connect your wired devices
- Excellent technology for a home or office
- Easy to set up and configure
- Connects multiple devices
- The router is a bit pricey
- It only has one USB 3.0 port whose location is not optimal
Why should you buy Asus RT-AC88U router
The Asus RT-AC88U router is perfect for those looking to set up a home network and connect multiple devices. The eight superfast Gigabit LAN ports allow you effortlessly stream 4K video, play online games without lag, or access the web from your mobile device on the go.
One of its best features includes a robust and fun-to-use Web interface. It makes it easy to monitor traffic usage, install DD-WRT as well as block malicious sites by using Trend Micro’s parental controls system; integrating seamlessly with Windows users who want an extra layer of security while working remotely (cybercriminals often target unprotected networks).
The best Netgear DD-WRT router: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Router
From one of the best designers and manufacturers of networking devices including routers, comes this great DD-WRT router. Netgear routers are known worldwide for having some of the best features in the business.
The performance of this router is impeccable for your home. With Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1,900Mbps (600Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 1,300Mbps on the 5GHz band).
Armed with 3 high-powered antennas and Beamforming technology, the router can provide high-speed internet for a range of up to 1,800 square feet. This ensures that your home is fully covered with the internet.
The router is powered by a 1GHz Dual-core processor to ensure it can manage to do all the functions you demand of it. With DD-WRT, the router can perform even better.
Netgear R7000 router (also available from Flashrouters) can connect up to 30 devices. Because of Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and other advanced technologies, this device can support all those devices seamlessly with high-speed internet.
As with all the other Netgear routers, this router is made to ensure the safety of your data and your family. It has Smart parental controls for your children and advanced security measures for your data.
Comparison with other Nighthawk routers
Netgear’s latest router, the R8000 is slightly more powerful when using 5GHz at 15 feet. At a farther range, however, Netgear’s older model (R7000) has better performance with an average of 485Mbps vs 434Mbps for its newer counterpart.
R7000 still holds up well though thanks to how it was designed. Having both reliable coverage and signal strength coming from just two small omnidirectional antennas that are positioned correctly. That is on either side panel near where you’ll be sitting while connected by Ethernet cable directly into your computer or all sorts of other gadgets such as gaming consoles (PS3/4).
The Netgear R7000 may be a step below in terms of processing power and features when compared to the new generation routers. It also lacks multiple USB ports for connecting storage devices or printers. However, it’s still worth considering. For example, the Netgear Nighthawk RAX80 (latest offering) outshines with tri-band support plus MU-MIMO for an incredible network experience.
What Technology Reviewer likes about this router
- The wide coverage that is supported by the Beamforming technology
- The internet speeds are great for streaming or gaming
- It has a 1GHz Dual-core processor to enable its performance
- It can support up to 30 devices thus covering all your home devices
- As with other Netgear routers, Netgear R7000 is easy to install.
- It may require manual installation of updates sometimes
- Netgear customer service is not the best
Best DD-WRT router under $100: Netgear Nighthawk R6700 Router
This is one of the cheapest dd-wrt routers from Netgear. It gives you premium performance on a budget thus becoming one of the highest-rated DD-WRT routers. The speed, range, and number of devices make this router (also available from Flashrouters), a router to watch.
With speeds of up to 1,750Mbps (450Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1,300Mbps on 5GHz bands) this router offers great speeds at an affordable price. Moreover, the cheapest dd-wrt router has 4 Gigabit ports to enable connection to your wired devices. It also has a front-faced USB 3.0 for connecting to storage devices and printers.
Because it is designed with a 1GHz dual-core processor, the device can perform its functions properly. It also has these advanced technologies; 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Smart Connect, and Dynamic QoS among others.
Therefore, the Netgear Nighthawk R6700 router can support up to 25 devices with high-speed internet. All these devices are protected with Netgear Amor and this ensures you can rest easy as you use them.
Furthermore, the router has Smart parental controls. This allows your family to carry out important tasks without the children using their devices.
What we like about Netgear Nighthawk R6700 router
- The device gives you great Network-attached storage (NAS) performance
- The router performs well for home functions like streaming, gaming, and using home devices
- The price of less than 100 USD is good for most families
- It is loaded with innovative technologies
- As compared to other routers, the Netgear Nighthawk R6700 router has a bit more complex setup method
Best for tweakers: Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 Router
If you want a router that will give you lots of management options via the web console in addition to excellent speeds and a good range, then the Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 router should be your first choice.
The router delivers speeds of up to 2,600Mbps which is a fast Wi-Fi performance. This is done by dual-band technology where speeds of up to 800Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1,733Mbps on the 5GHz band. Additionally, the device has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for your wired devices.
With a 1.7GHz Dual-core processor and futuristic technologies, this router gives you a performance that you will like. These technologies include 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Dynamic quality of service, and Amazon Alexa voice controls.
The technologies allow the Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 router to deliver fast internet to up to 45 devices. This will ensure either your office or home devices are covered properly.
Finally, this device offers both Smart parental controls and advanced security measures. These ensure you are at peace when using your internet since there will be regulation of internet usage by your children and the security of your data from hackers.
What we like about Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 router
- It gives you a lot of management options
- This router has great Wi-Fi speeds and MU-MIMO thus connecting many devices
- The router has a great range of 2,500 square feet
- It has great features that enable great performances
- The router is easy to set up and manage
- Firmware updates are easy and painless
- Netgear customer service is not the best
- It is a bit pricey
Linksys WRT AC3200 ACM Router
As you review the Linksys routers, this must be one of their best rated. It combines DD-WRT capabilities with speed and technology. For a family or office that wants to get a performance that impresses, this must be one of the DD-WRT routers to highly consider.
Linksys has made this router with a 1.8Ghz enterprise-grade dual-core processor base, 512 MB RAM, and 256 MB flash storage. This ensures that your router can reach all the heights of performance without any sign of struggle.
With a speed of up to 3,200Mbps, the Linksys AC3200 DD-WRT router was designed for speed. These Wi-Fi speeds are supported by 2.4GHz and 5GHz at 600Mbps and 2,600Mbps respectively. It combines this Wi-Fi speed with four Gigabit Ethernet ports to get your wired devices moving with Gigabit speeds.
To get the blazing speeds on the 5GHz band, this router has Tri-stream 160 technology. The technology boosts the bandwidth of the 5GHz band to get speeds that can support any super data-heavy activities like gaming, streaming, or uploading/ downloading huge data packets.
The DD-WRT gigabit router has MU-MIMO to support high-speed internet connections to multiple devices simultaneously.
What’s more? The Linksys AC3200 DD-WRT router (also available from Flashrouters) is installed with open source software with custom DD-WRT installation capabilities. This will work to enhance the router’s performance to suit your needs.
What Technology reviewer likes about Linksys WRT AC3200 ACM router
- The router has blazing 5GHz speeds with enables outstanding file transfer speeds
- The MU-MIMO technology enables simultaneous high-speed connection for multiple devices
- It offers a wide coverage
- The router’s DD-WRT capabilities are some of the best
- Linksys AC3200 DD-WRT router has the best security features
- Comparing with the 5GHz, the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi speeds are not the best
- It is a bit harder to set up the device compared to other routers
D-Link AC2600 DIR-882-US Router
It is not a must for a good router to cost an arm and a leg. This router by D-Link is very powerful to ensure a performance befitting your home or office. It gives impressive Wi-Fi speeds on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands in addition to having the latest technologies.
With maximum speeds of 2,600Mbps (800Mbps on the 2.4GHz and 1,733Mbps on the 5GHz), this router gives you great performance. We tested the devices reviewed and this was an excellent router for streaming. You can stream your 4K movie, engage in an online game, or do your other online activities without the fear of lags.
To ensure it can deliver impressive speeds the device has several innovative features. Advanced Smart Beam helps to track all your connected devices to ensure they get enough bandwidth for their functions. It also helps to enhance the range.
D-Link AC2600 DIR-882-US, also has a dual-core processor, MU-MIMO, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and powerful antennas to ensure it delivers.
Furthermore, what a design! This router has a design that makes it a nice addition to your living area.
What adds to its attractiveness is the ease in setup and management. Its web admin page is clean and uncluttered. This enables you to change the settings without the fear of losing the previous settings.
What we like about D-Link AC2600 DIR-882-US Router
- The router offers value for your money
- It has advanced technologies to ensure it delivers impressive speeds on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- This router also has a wide range
- It features 4 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 WAN Gigabit Ethernet ports
- It has a great web admin interface and thus is easy to install and manage
- The inbound filter implementation is not the best maybe due to the fact that the firmware is a bit basic
- This router has no access point mode
Asus RT-AC5300 router
What a beast! The Asus RT-AC5300 router gives you beastly performance and looks. Tri-band in design the router will give you a gaming or streaming experience like no other. It is therefore one of the best DD-WRT routers today.
Because it is armed with the latest technology, the router will give maximum throughput of 5,334Mbps. This is delivered using the NitroQAM Technology and coupled with the latest technology it gives all your devices fast connections. Adaptive Quality of Service ensures that your devices that require lots of bandwidth are prioritized.
To ensure that your devices are all connected, the router has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. The four enable you to connect 4 wired devices simultaneously while still using high-speed Wi-Fi.
With 8 powerful antennas and the latest technologies, this router can deliver high-speed Wi-Fi to a range of up to 5,000 square feet. Thus your large home is covered with exceptional service. Additionally, the range combined with MU-MIMO ensures that all your devices simultaneously get high-speed internet.
Asus RT-AC5300 also is compatible with ASUS AiMesh.
Finally, the device is supported by the ASUSWRT interface and ASUS router app to ensure easy setup and management. The two enable you to take full control of the connected devices and the router’s firmware.
What Technology Reviewer likes about Asus RT-AC5300
- The super-fast Wi-Fi speeds: The Tri-band router is able to deliver impressive speeds of up to 5,300Mbps.
- It has great and easily modified management settings
- This router has a great range thus ensuring your large home is covered
- It has the latest technology to ensure beastly performance and security
- It has built-in USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports
What we don’t like
- The router is a bit expensive but is worth the money
- It is a bit huge
D-Link DIR-866L Router
This aesthetically pleasing router is a great value router to have if you have a modest home. The dual-band router delivers a reliable performance due to the high-powered built-in amplification.
With speeds of up to 1,750Mbps, you are sure that your home devices will all be connected to high-speed internet. It also features the latest technology for long-range, Smart Beam technology.
To augment the number of devices connected, the router has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. These give you the ability to access high-speed internet on your wired devices.
To ease the process of setting up and managing, the router has the D-Link’s quick router setup mobile app. This App gives you the ability to check the vital functions of your routers and assess if the performance is up to standard.
Finally, D-Link DIR-866L gives you the ability to create your personal cloud storage. This gives you the ability to access your media files from anywhere using a smartphone, tablet, or computer. All these features make this device to be one of the best DD-WRT routers.
What we like about the D-Link DIR-866L router
- It is quite affordable
- It has an easy setup
- Gives you a great performance on both bands
- It is quite classy
- It does not work as a media bridge
- The range could be better especially with obstructions
Linksys AC5400 Router
We finish the reviews with a bang. This router gives you the fastest Wi-Fi connection of all the reviewed DD-WRT routers. It also combines that with a long-range, huge number of devices to give you one of the best DD-WRT routers. Using the DD-WRT firmware on this router will make this router a force to reckon with.
The Tri-band Linksys AC5400 router has a maximum throughput of 5,400Mbps. This gives speeds that can run any online activity with no lags. Furthermore, the device features MU-MIMO technology which enables the simultaneous connection of several devices without any suffering from slow internet speeds.
Besides, the router has 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports. These ensure that all your devices are connected. It also features 2 USB ports one of which is the fast USB 3.0 to connect your storage and printing devices.
The router supports a range of up to 3,000 square feet by using a Max-Stream range extender, 8 powerful external antennas, and Seamless roaming for all your devices to get the fastest internet wherever they are.
The router is powered by a 1.4GHz dual-core processor. This processor enables you to seamlessly conduct your online activities like gaming, streaming, and other activities.
The router is easy to set up and manage using the Linksys app. The app gives you the ability to customize your connections at the palm of your hand. It can also be used to set up parental controls.
What Technology Reviewer likes about Linksys AC5400 router
- The router offers some of the fastest Wi-Fi speeds of all the DD-WRT routers
- The 8 powerful antennas give you a wide Wi-Fi coverage with seamless connectivity on all bands
- This router has robust security features
- It is simple to set-up and manage
- The router has so many advanced features that increase its usefulness
- The router is huge
- It is a bit expensive even though it is worth the price
- Linksys customer care can be a bit better
What to consider when buying a DD-WRT router (buyer’s guide)
We have done a comprehensive review of the top-rated DD-WRT routers. We have considered all the features necessary to give you a router that will suit your needs. As you are choosing a DD-WRT router for your home, kindly consider the following:
- Internet speed: As you are buying your router, speed should be a big factor to consider. The router’s speed enables you to perform your online activities with little interruptions. Since DD-WRT does not increase the internet speeds of your router, it is important to get a router with the speed that you prefer.
- The Range: As you are buying your router, it is paramount to have the size of your home or office in mind. DD-WRT does not improve the router’s range and thus getting a router with a manufacturer’s range that suits your home is important.
- You can explore the other excellent routers for large houses here.
- The number of devices it can support: Advanced features in your router determine the number of devices that it can support. Try considering the number of devices that the router you are buying can support. It is important to buy a router keeping in mind that you may have an increase in the number of devices in your home.
- There are other prime routers for lots of devices that you can explore.
- Cost: Your budget should also help in buying the router. There is an effective cheapest dd-wrt router for as little as under 100 USD. The router, however, is a long term project and thus requires a one-time investment to ensure you benefit into the future. With this in mind, you should strive to get one of the best DD-WRT routers that will give you value for money.
- You can also explore other budget routers costing less than 100 Dollars here.
Why should you use DD-WRT?
As explained above, DD-WRT is a Linux-based router firmware. The firmware is comparable to Linux for personal computers. The firmware was designed originally exclusively for the Linksys WRT54G routers.
DD-WRT, an open-source firmware, ensures that you get more features of your router as compared to the router manufacturer’s operating system. This includes features like VPN for older routers.
To note is the DD-WRT is a complete toolkit. When you are looking at the features most people want in a router, it provides them wholesomely. It may even surprise you with features you were not thinking of.
You should use DD-WRT for the following advanced features:
- Granular Quality of Service (QoS) settings: The DD-WRT enables you to conduct bandwidth prioritization through the QoS. This feature allows you to determine how your bandwidth will be allocated especially for critical applications.
- Dynamic DNS: The use of dynamic DNS (DDNS) ensures that you can run a local DNS cache. This fine-tuning will ensure that you resolve sites and other resources on the web more quickly on any device.
- IPV6: IPV is a network protocol that is responsible for communication between any two packets of a network. This allows for sending and receiving of data in packets known as nodes hence moving data swiftly and reliable. DD-WRT supports IPV6 which is an upgrade of IPV4.
- VPNs: Devices running on DD-WRT can easily run on the OpenVPN server for better safety and privacy. The OpenVPN is an open-source, free server, and client that gives you better security features as compared to PPTP VPN technologies. The router, however, must have a space of more than 8MB to enable you to set up a VPN.
Would you rather buy a wireless router with DD-WRT pre-installed or is it better to install/ flash it yourself?
Depending on the level of ability and application, you may decide between the two what is best for your network. If you feel confident enough to flash the router yourself, then go for it. It may cost less to get a router and flash it yourself.
However, if you have no experience in router firmware or do not feel confident enough to follow the flashing process, then you can buy a wireless router with DD-WRT pre-installed. This will however cost a little bit more.
DD-WRT is an open-source firmware and is readily available. Therefore, getting either of the routers depends on what you feel confident and experienced enough to handle.
Benefits of DD-WRT
In addition, DD-WRT offers the following benefits:
- You can track your router’s network performance in detail on DD-WRT firmware
- The DD-WRT enables you to conduct bandwidth prioritization through the QoS
- DD-WRT enables you sometimes to overclock the router hardware speeds. This is possible through several performance enhancement changes that you make on your network.
- Signal strength controls: With DD-WRT it is possible to boost the range albeit not significantly by using the signal strength controls. this enables you to reduce the number of Wi-Fi dead spots
- You will be able to learn from the huge community of users and designers
- The open-source firmware supports lots of routers giving you several options
- To protect your internet connection: DD-WRT being an open-source firmware, enables your connection to be safe and private. The router helps to protect every device or data that passes through it.
Weaknesses of DD-WRT?
- For a newbie in technology matters, it may be overwhelming
- Some routers may not be supported by the newer DD-WRT versions
Best DD-WRT Settings for Speed
Change the network name
The main reason why speeds could be low is that there are too many users in the connection. Therefore, you will have lower speeds until you come up with a way to remove some users. There could also be devices that are not in use but congesting the connection.
Changing the network name will remove all the devices and have your new ones using the connection. Changing the network name is easy as you will visit the user interface. On the interface, you will change the SSID and the passwords.
Update the router
You can consider updating the router as an immediate measure. Updating will ensure that you have the latest version that will deliver as you expect.
A practical setting that will work is to adjust the settings of the router to automated ones. This means that the router will automatically update hence maintaining high speeds.
Set effective passwords
Another good setting is setting effective passwords. The outcome of such a setting is that the speeds maintain to the maximum as intruders don’t get room for getting into the settings. A good password will have a combination of small letters, capital letters, numbers, and symbols.
Device prioritization settings
Device prioritization is very effective for streaming content and gaming. When you set the technologies such as MU-MIMO and beamforming will help you a great deal to reach the devices. The specific devices will reach perform as you expect as they get a straight connection channel.
Quality of service
QoS is a feature that helps routers to deliver remarkable service. As a result, there are very high chances that you will have an easy time when the feature is active. It works by assessing the connected devices and then categorize them according to their internet needs.
Once the analysis is proper, each device will get the correct amount of internet it needs to deliver high-quality service. Therefore, you will not have challenges with specific devices.
Set the bands
You need to set the bands so that they divide the devices quickly. Each band has a different frequency that helps in service delivery. For example, the 5GHz band is very good at maintaining speeds, while the 2.4 GHz band maintains the signal quality.
When you pick the best location, you need to set the 5GHz band as the main one hence getting the proper speeds.
Set the location
The location of the router is another thing you need to ensure that it is proper. When you use a bandwidth that has high speeds, locating the best position will enhance performance.
The placement of the devices should also be close to the router. The outcome will be that the speeds will not lower because of interferences.
Check the cables
The cables should be in the best position with less interference. In addition, connections to devices should be fixed so that there are no loose connections. This is especially important for power cables and Ethernet cables.
Such a connection is effective as it will make the speeds remain stable and reliable. Regular assessment of speeds is a measure that will make the performance more effective.
DD-wrt router list
If you’re in the market for a new router to replace your old one, we recommend that you take a look at DD-WRT preinstalled routers. If not, then we also offer instructions on how to install it yourself and what benefits there are to doing so.
There are very many DD-WRT compatible routers in the market today. And that is why it is the widest adopted alternative router firmware as compared to OpenWRT and Tomato. The supported routers include the routers from the following manufacturers:
- US Robotics
- Senao / EnGenius
The best routers for DD-WRT will help you to narrow down on the router that will give you the best performance. You can check the specifications, price, and other qualities to narrow down to the best router for your home or office.
Getting a DD-WRT router enables you to unlock the full potential of your router. I would recommend getting one over the other routers anytime due to the advanced features. The choice between the best wireless router with DD-WRT pre-installed or a router where you will flash the router yourself depends on your expertise and needs.
DD-WRT is a Linux-based firmware for wireless routers and access points. It’s used by many people because it gives you the ability to customize your router with features that are not offered by default, such as more reliable connections and higher speeds.
With DD-WRT you can also set up a VPN connection, which will allow you to surf anonymously on the internet. There is no shortage of options when it comes to buying a new router that comes loaded with DD-WRT or one that is easy for you to flash yourself, but we’ve compiled this list of our top picks so it’ll make your decision easier!