There has been an increase in the number of people currently working from home. Freelancer jobs and online jobs have become more of a norm these days. However, working from home comes with its own challenges. One of them is that you cannot call the office IT guy to check when your internet is not working.
In this regard, we need to know how to set up your router, configure, reset, and troubleshoot when we get internet connection problems. The router login process for Arris routers will be discussed at length in this article. This will enable you to access the internet and keep the internet connection at all times.
Knowing the default Arris router login and password will also help you in setting your password to a more secure one.
For you to use the Arris router login and the default password, you require the following:
- Arris router or modem router combo.
- Internet connection either by an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
- A pointed object to push the reset button like a paper clip, the phone SIM removal tool, or a pen
So what are the default login details for Arris router?
As we are exploring the login details of Arris routers, it is great to check the best routers for our homes or office of which Arris routers are part of. These routers can excellent routers for long-range or exceptional routers for multiple devices found in our homes.
Default login details for Arris routers
The default IP address above (192.168.0.1) is used by almost 60% of the Arris routers. The other alternate default Arris router IP addresses include:
- 192.168.1.254 (14% of Arris routers)
- 192.168.100.1 (14%)
- 192.168.100.1 (14%)
- 10.0.0.1 (10%)
- 192.168.7.254 (5%)
Which are the steps for Arris router Login?
You can follow the following easy steps for the Arris router login. They are easily accomplished using the requirements listed above:
1. Connect to the Arris network
Connect your computer or smartphone using the Ethernet cable connection or Wi-Fi. An internet connection is necessary for you to set up any router.
For easy connection, we recommend that you connect your computer to the Arris router using an Ethernet cable. This will help especially in cases where you do not know the Wi-Fi password. However, the SSID and the password are availed by the router manufacturer on the manual and on a sticker attached to the router.
If you are using Wi-Fi for the login, ensure that you know the Network Name or SSID and the password/ Wi-Fi Key. You can use these to connect your device to the network.
2. Navigate to your Router’s IP on your browser
Open your browser and type in the IP address on the address bar.
As indicated above, most of the routers use the following IP address: http://192.168.0.1. However, for other models, the IP address may be different. Therefore, you can try http://192.168.1.254.
Once the IP address is typed on the browser, you will get the administrator settings panel. If these common IP addresses do not work, try the other IP addresses listed above.
3. Key in the Arris default login information
In the administrator settings panel, enter the username and password as indicated on the sticker attached to the router or the manual. The common login details for the Arris router are as indicated above in case you can’t get the sticker.
After entering the username and password, click Enter or Sign in. This will ensure that you can now access the router control panel. The control panel will enable you to make router configurations.
The router login for Arris is complete after this step and you can use the Wi-Fi or Ethernet connections.
Resetting the Arris router
If your internet connection has become slow or you suspect the router has viruses then it is time to reset it. Resetting the Arris router will make a difference in network performance.
One thing you should note is that restoring the Arris router to factory default settings will wipe out any router settings. After resetting, you will have to configure network settings like described in the login process above.
There are two easy and distinct methods of resetting your Arris router:
- Resetting the Arris router using the reset button
- To reset your router using the router web interface
Resetting the Arris router using the reset button
It is possible to reset most Arris routers using the reset button. This is done by following the steps below:
- Locate the reset button. This button is mostly found at the back of the router. You can also refer to the manufacturer’s manual available as a printed copy or online.
- Press or hold the reset button when located for at least 15 seconds. This may require you to use the pin (paper clip, the phone SIM removal tool, or a pen) to press the button. Most manufacturers make it necessary to use a pointed object to prevent accidental reset.
- Wait for the router to reset. Note that the reset process takes a few minutes.
That’s the simple reset process for an Arris router. In case this method of resetting your router does not work, try using the second reset process below.
Resetting the router using the Web Interface
The process of using the Web interface to reset your Arris router is a bit more complicated as compared to using the reset button. It is however a 3-step process that will not take a lot of your time.
The following are the step of resetting the router using the web interface:
- The first step is to log in to the Arris router/ modem. To do this use the router IP of your model. These IP’s were discussed above.
- On the interface locate the Utilities or Security section. Note that this may vary from one Arris model to another.
- Under this section, choose the factory reset option. This will reset the router or modem to default factory settings within a few minutes.
Depending on the availability of the pointed object or the router IP address, you can decide which method works best for you. Once you have completed the reset you can now configure your Arris router settings.
Configuring the Arris router
You can change the Arris router settings from the admin interface. However, this tinkering with the settings may make the router to lose the internet connection.
Note down the factory default settings before starting the process of changing the router settings. This will help you to restore the default settings in case after changes to the settings the internet does not work.
The following are the recommended wireless settings of your Arris router:
- Enable Wireless: Ticked/ checked
- Wireless Network Name (SSID): Choose the username you want
- Broadcast Network Name (SSID): Ticked/ checked
- Tx Power Level: High
- Channel: Auto
- Language: English or your native language
- Security Mode: WPA/WPA2-PSK**
- Encryption Algorithm: TKIPAES
- Pre-Shared Key: Key in a password that you can remember but try to be a bit complex
- WPS Enable: Ticked/ checked
- Encryption Mode: PBC
For some Arris routers, these settings may not work. You may need to change the settings to WPA-PSK or WEP which are lower quality settings.
In a nutshell
The process of login to the router will help to set up your internet connection. The router login process for Arris has been made simple to help you to set up your router with minimal fuss.
With use, the router may become slow. The reset process will enable the Arris router to regain its lost internet speed. You may also decide to change it and get the best Arris modem router for your home.
If the reset does not improve the speed to the levels you want, you may consider buying a new and exceptional router for your home. You can buy a router for multiple devices if you have many internet-enabled devices. You can also consider a router for a long-range or a mesh device.