While looking for a modem and a router, most people always ask, “Do you have to use the internet connection equipment for your home that the Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you? The simple answer is No! you can get the best modem router combo for Comcast Xfinity and other ISPs as per these reviews.
Since Comcast has the largest share in both cable TV and broadband cable internet in the US, it is good to consider them for your internet connection. However, you may decide to pick your own router and modem or a combo instead of depending on the ISP provided one if it is not reliable or offer you an excellent internet connection.
In the article, we will discuss the best modem and router combo for the Comcast Xfinity internet connection. In addition, we will give you tips on how to choose the best modem router combo from the Comcast compatible modem router list.
If you have a separate modem, you can consider the best router for Comcast high-speed internet (Xfinity) to make your home the best when it comes to internet provision.
One of the reasons for buying your own modem, router, or combo is to avoid the monthly rental fee. Quick math will tell you that the monthly fee for one year is equivalent to a brand new modem & router combo.
What is the best modem & router combo for Comcast Xfinity?
You will find that most of the best modem router combos described in this article are also the best for most networks. The full review of the best modem router combo is can be accessed here.
|Modem/router combo||Best for||Internet speed||Check it on Amazon|
|Netgear CBR40||Best Comcast modem & router combo||Tri-band (Up to 2.2Gbps)||BUY NOW|
|Netgear C7800||Best Comcast Modem router combo for 1Gbps||Dual band (Up to 2000Mbps)||BUY NOW|
|Motorolla MG7700||Best Comcast compact combo||Dual band (up to 1000Mbps)||BUY NOW|
|Arris SurfBoard SBG10||Best Comcast budget Combo||Dual band (Up to 300Mbps)||BUY NOW|
|Asus CM-32 AC2600 Combo modem||Best modem/ router for up to 400Mbps internet speeds||Dual band (Up to 1.3 Gbps)||BUY NOW|
The best modem and router combo for Comcast Xfinity cable interet
Netgear CBR40 modem router combo
Looking for the best modem router for Comcast Xfinity? Then look no further! The Netgear orbi CBK40 gives you a Wi-Fi speed performance, range and connection to multiple devices to give you a device to marvel at.
This modem is recommended for Comcast Xfinity internet plans of up to 600Mbps. It is one of the best modem/router combos which is made in mesh technology.
It offers the most advanced technology in Wi-Fi provision. The following are the reasons why you should buy Netgear Orbi CBK40.
Features of Netgear Orbi CBK40?
- This gadget gives you Mesh-WiFi connectivity which is seamless. Since the device is a mesh, it can give you internet connectivity for a range of up to 4,000 square feet.
- The device can cover large homes with WiFi thus leaving no dead spots.
- Netgear CBK40 can provide WiFi speeds of up to 2.2Gbps. This is because it comes with the Tri-band technology that maintains fast internet in all corners of your house.
- Using the Orbi app, Netgear CBK40 is very easy to set up and manage.
- It also comes with advanced security and parental controls thus making it safe and secure for your family to access WiFi.
- This combo device is Alexa and Google assistant enabled to enable voice commands.
- It is aesthetically beautiful to have the Netgear CBK40 in your living area or office.
- The Xfinity internet modem router has a great range
- It is easy to set up
- Offers tri-band router technology
- Connects several devices
- Has advanced parental controls
What are the cons of Netgear Orbi CBK40?
- Like all other Combo devices, it is hard to replace either the modem or router since they are not separated. Therefore in case, it gets damaged or you want to upgrade you have to replace the whole unit.
Netgear C7800 Modem/ Router Combo
This modem/ router combo is approved by Comcast (Xfinity) for internet speed plans of up to 1Gbps, their highest tier as per their specifications. The device theoretically can support internet speeds of up to 2000Mbps.
This is one of the best modem router combos since it can provide fast Wi-Fi speeds for a range of up to 3000 square feet. This means it can provide internet for a medium to large home without the need for a Wi-Fi extender.
- The Netgear Nighthawk C7800 comes with a built-in DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem. The modem helps to communicate with the ISP while also having a router for your Wi-Fi connection.
- The combo thus to achieve the fastest broadband internet speeds. For Comcast (Xfinity) it is recommended for a package speed of up to 1Gbps. DOCSIS 3.0 can only achieve speeds of up to 600Mbps internet speeds.
- This device is easy to set up like other Netgear routers or combo devices.
- In addition, Netgear Nighthawk C7800 can support up to 45 devices. Thus, you can connect all the WiFi devices in your home or office.
- Buying your own Netgear Nighthawk C7800 will save you so much in rental fees since it is used for the high internet speed package.
- Because of the fast internet speeds, 2USB ports, a Gigabit wired switch, and connectivity to many devices across a wide area, this combo will provide lag-free internet for gaming, surfing, and streaming.
- Excellent performance
- Connects multiple devices
- Will eliminate Comcast Xfinity modem router rental fees
- Technologically advanced
What are the cons for Netgear Nighthawk C7800?
- It is a bit expensive
Motorola MG7700 Cable Modem Combo
This device is well known for its aesthetic appearance and its compact nature. It thus means that it can be placed on a shelf in the living room and blend well in your house or office.
It has both the DOCSIS3.0 24X8 channel bonding cable modem and the AC1900 Dual-band router. The combination ensures that you get fast internet in your house or office.
This device has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect the devices that have no WiFi connection. This means devices like printers, gaming consoles, and some personal computers among others.
It also has a power boost WiFi amplifiers and beamforming technology. The technology enables the combo to provide stable long-range WiFi in your home. It can also support WiFi speeds of up to 1000Mbps.
Comcast (Xfinity) recommends Motorola MG7700 Cable Modem Combo for internet speeds of up to 400Mbps.
This router comes with a 2-year warranty. This means that the company believes that the product will work for you for long.
- Compact in nature
- Excellent internet speeds
- Has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Gives you a 2 year warranty
- Does not support Gigabit internet plans
Arris SurfBoard SBG10 Modem router Combo
This modem router combo combines DOCSIS3.0 cable modem and an AC1600 Dual-band router to ensure you get fast WiFi internet. It also comes with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports to ensure all your devices are connected even non-WiFi devices.
The device is recommended for a Comcast internet plan of up to 250Mbps. This gives you a fast connection for everyday use in your house.
The device is compatible with most cable internet providers thus making sure that you can use the combo even when you change from Comcast Xfinity to either Cox, Spectrum, and other cable internet providers.
Arris Surfboard SBG10 combo is easy to set up and manage using the Surfboard manager app. The setup is done by 3 easy steps of connecting the coaxial cable, getting activated by your ISP, and setting the device using the app.
The modem router supported by Xfinity also comes at a very manageable price as compared to other combos.
- Has gigabit Ethernet ports
- Compatible with most ISPs
- Is cost effective
- Great connection speeds
- The Wi-Fi range is not as long as compared to the other modem router combo discussed in this review.
- There are several reported cases of internet dropping a few times in a week which is not good for smart devices used in our homes.
Asus CM-32 AC2600 Combo modem
This is one of the best modem and router combo for Xfinity. We have offered product reviews for this device here. However, we will give the highlights of the product. These are as follows:
Reasons to buy Asus CM-32 AC2600 Combo modem
- The modem has a built-in DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem having 32X8 channel bonding in addition to WiFi AC 2600 router to give you full bandwidth.
- Asus CM-32 AC2600 Combo modem can support WiFi speeds of up to 1.3Gbps. Comcast however, has approved the device for internet speeds of up to 600Mbps.
- Due to the device having 4 antennas, it is able to provide long-range ad stable WiFi connection.
- The device also comes with 4 Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports. These ports help to connect other non-WiFi devices to the combo.
- Asus CM-32 AC2600 is IPV6 enabled.
- Setting up this device is just a breeze.
What are the reasons for not buying this device?
- Some users have reported problems in updating the Firmware. For those users, the device may get some bugs that make it to stop working until the firmware is updated.
- The customer service from Asus does not provide live chat which means you have to send emails that take longer to be responded to.
Factors to consider when buying a modem router combo
There are several factors to consider when buying a modem and router combo. This is because there are several modem routers in the Comcast compatible modem router list to choose from. You may also decide to go for a separate modem and router.
Is the device in the Comcast (Xfinity) compatible modem router approved list?
The devices reviewed above are all on the Xfinity approved list. There are also other approved modem and router combos. However, we reviewed the devices according to your budget and specifications.
From the Comcast compatible modem router list, we made tests on several devices to come up with the best. Therefore, choosing one of the modem routers reviewed in this article will ensure you get the best performance for your home or office.
What is your budget?
There are several Comcast Xfinity approved modem router combos. However, they all come at different prices with different features. However, the cost of buying a good modem router combo is cheaper than getting separate devices.
How many devices do you have?
Different modem router combo that works with Comcast support a different number of devices. The number of devices should be checked for both Ethernet ports and also the Wi-Fi supported devices.
The best modem and wireless router for Xfinity should be able to support all the devices in your home. This is both for the current devices and future devices if you have plans to buy them already.
What is your Comcast (Xfinity) internet plan?
Xfinity has different tiers of internet connection ranging from lows of less than 100Mbps to highs of 1000Mbps. These tiers are supported by different devices. Therefore it is important to get a modem router combo that is approved for your internet plan by Comcast.
You can use the reviews in this article to choose a modem router from the Comcast compatible list that will serve your internet plan maximumly.
What range of Wi-Fi connections do you want?
There are different modem router combos as described up there that are approved for Xfinity internet. These devices support stable and fast WiFi speeds for ranges ranging from a few square feet to as high as 4500 square feet. Therefore it is good to check the range that you want to cover with the internet.
What security and parental control features do you want?
All the modem router combos that work with Comcast come with some level of security and parental controls. However, the levels depend on the brand and model. Some brands are well known for excellent features in security and parental controls as compared to others.
WiFi routers that work with Comcast have different parental controls. In case you want an add-on parental control, you can check the reviews of the best parental control routers and add-ons.
The final word
Comcast is one of the biggest internet service providers in the country. Getting the best modem router combo for Comcast Xfinity internet should be every person’s priority.
Of note is that these devices work with most of the other ISPs. You can check the best modem router combos for all ISPs or you can compare with the best modem router combos for spectrum internet when buying one.
Buying your own modem router combo ensures that you get the best device and also helps to save on rental fees in the long run.